Join Our Circle
Those who feel their path aligns with the Circle of Coll and are interested in membership, here are the steps in the application process. The steps are designed to allow both the applicant and the Circle of Coll members to get to know one another before any final decision of membership.
Steps of the Application Process.
- Ask to join CoC. Select the contact page on this website, and let us know you are interested.
- Meet with the Membership Coordinator. This is an opportunity to ask questions and begin getting a feel for CoC. If the Applicant wishes to proceed the Membership Coordinator will assign them to a Member Sponsor.
- Meet with Member Sponsor. The Applicant and the Member Sponsor will determine a plan for completing the CoC membership requirements. The Member Sponsor is responsible for cultivating a relationship with the applicant and should assist the applicant in getting to know the Circle’s members and activities better.
- Complete all membership requirements.
- OBOD membership, to be verified through quoting specified Bardic Gwers.
- Attendance of at least three (3) CoC public rituals. Applicants are also encouraged to attend other public CoC events to better get to know CoC members.
- Attendance of one (1) CoC regular or CoC annual meeting and one (1) CoC private ritual.
- Submission of a written essay to the Member Sponsor answering the following questions:
- What strengths and needs will the applicant bring to the circle?
- How will the applicant add value to the circle without disruption, or division within the circle?
The essay will be read by the Member Sponsor before the vote to admit the Applicant as a Regular Member.
- Member Sponsor makes a recommendation to the Membership Coordinator. The Sponsor will report how the applicant and Sponsor’s relationship has developed over the course of Sponsorship.
- Final affirmation of CoC membership. The Membership Coordinator will ask the Applicant if they still wish to become a Regular Member of CoC.
- Regular Membership status is then contingent upon a unanimous vote of approvaol by the membership. Once an affirmative vote is taken the Applicant becomes a Regular Member of the CoC.